INCREDIBLE SIGHT TO BEHOLD "RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PALCOYO"
Has become increasingly popular amongst tourists over the last few years. It’s unique and beautiful landscape offers an amazing experience to explore, with stunning views of the surrounding glaciers, valleys and rivers.
The trek to Rainbow Mountain Palcoyo is a great way to enjoy this unforgettable destination. The trail is not too difficult and only takes two hours each way, making it suitable for all levels of hikers. Once at the top of Palcoyo Mountain, visitors will be treated to spectacular panoramic views of snow-capped mountains, colorful rainbow formations and red valleys and the rock forest formation! The landscape here is truly incredible and offers a great opportunity to take beautiful photographs that you’ll cherish forever.
DESCRIPTION RAINBOW MOUNTAIN HIKE
- Duration : Full day
- Walking distance : 2.4 km / 1.49 miles (round trip)
- Minimum height : 4,805 meters (14,600 feet)
- Maximum height : 4,900 meters (16,400 feet)
- Temperature : Minimum -5 °C (23 °F) / max. 20 °C (68 °F)
- Physical difficulty : Comfortable walk, requiring reasonable fitness. Not too steep or technical
- At 4:30 a.m. Pick you up from your hotel in our private van so make sure your bags are packed and ready for the adventure ahead!
- Set out on an early morning adventure and enjoy a two-hour drive to reach your delicious breakfast destination by 6:30 am!
- Following a nourishing breakfast, set off at 7:20 am on the winding roads to Palcoyo station for an hour and a half of scenic driving.
- At 7:45 get off at the beginning of the hike
- By 30 minutes of adventurous hiking! Get up close and personal with this mesmerizing natural wonder to the Palcoyo rainbow mountains
- By the time 10:00 am rolls around, you'll be heading back to where your journey began. Make sure to relish in all that was seen and discovered during this remarkable trek!
- At midday, take a break and refuel with lunch
- After refueling with lunch, hop on the van at 2:00 pm for a scenic ride back to Cusco!
- Arrive to the city of Cusco at 4:30 pm and we'll take you directly to your hotel.
Embark on an extraordinary adventure with us, starting at the early morning break of 4:30 am. You will be collected from your hotel in our private transport and ventured south-east to Cusco, enjoying a 3 hour 45 minute drive towards Palccoyo station (4,805 mts/15,764 ft.) Along your journey gaze upon alpacas while surrounded by majestic Andean peaks - observe the unique lifestyle of locals who have adapted their ways to live harmoniously with Pacha Mama (Mother Earth). Prepare yourself for unbelievable views as we travel further into this stunning part of Peru.
After a delicious breakfast, we'll take a 1.5 hour drive and then walk for half an hour until reaching Palccoyo. From the third viewpoint at 4,886 meters - 16,030 feet, you will have an unforgettable experience looking around 360 degrees of astonishing beauty: rainbow mountains with their bright color palette; glaciers shining in the sunlight; imposing Ausangate mountain towering 20,900 ft high into the sky... Our guide's commentary on how this magical landscape was formed adds even more meaning to your journey through nature's canvas full of surprises.
After a visually stunning excursion and guided Rainbow Mountain, find your next thrilling adventure to the Stone Forest to admire this natural wonder with its captivating rock formations. Then, we began our hike back towards civilization and enjoyed lunch at the restaurant before heading back to Cusco.
-END OF PALCOYO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR-
Rainbow mountain palcoyo map
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- Entry ticket to the area
- Walking stick
- Oxygen tank
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING
- Original passport
- Additional water: we recommend bringing 1 liter per person (if in case you require more, local people sell water bottled along the way)
- Rain jacket and poncho· Outerwear like a jacket, scarf, gloves and a woolly cap
- Winter gloves
- Rain pants
- Sun hat
- Extra money
Daily Departure tour - at least two people
$ 90.00 USD per person
- 02 hikers: $ 120.00 USD per person
- 03 hikers: $ 110.00 USD per person
- 04 hikers: $ 100.00 USD per person
- 05 hikers: $ 90.00 USD per person
- 06 hikers+: $ 80.00 USD per person
AWAITING FOR YOUR JOIN
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PALCOYO
Let’s Rock and Roll !